Explore the historical areas of “The Floating City” with this essential guided walking tour of Venice! This tour transports you to the Venice of centuries ago,
- Adult (Ages 19-65)
- Young (Ages 0-18)
- Senior (Ages 66+)
Discover This Beautiful Venice Orchestra
Collegium Ducale Orchestra: This orchestra brings together in one group, musicians from the best orchestras of Veneto. The ensemble is prepared to execute a repertoire ranging from the Baroque to twentieth-century music. Well-known soloists contribute both to the whole of the performance and as featured virtuosos.
Choose between the Opera Singers’ concert and the Collegium Musicae, both of which provide a special evening reminiscent of the height of Venetian culture!
“Opera Singers” perform the most important Italian opera singers accompanied by the piano. Their repertoire ranges through various eras, from Mozart to Rossini… A unique event in the fantastic atmosphere of Prisons’ Palace.
“Collegium Musicae” The most famous and virtuous Venetians musicians play great pieces for piano, violin, cello and flute. Saint-Saëns (vlc.) – Marcello (vl.) – Paganini (vl.) – Vivaldi (vl./ensemble) – Bach (vlc.) – Mozart (fl.) – Chopin (pf.) – Fauré (pf.) – Piazzolla (ensemble), ecc.
The orchestra is actively involved in the research and study of technique, with the aim of offering to the public a performance of pieces based on the interpretative spirit of the period they date from. The orchestra has been performing in Venice since 1993 with the most important concert season referred to by the title: “Venice and Europe: music beyond history.”
Collegium Ducale Orchestral Concert aims to bring a revival experience of the sound of some of the prestigious instruments, in settings charged with history and passion. That is how the baroque music and Vivaldi’s notes come back together in a fascinating location, such as Prisons’ Palace in front of Doge’s Palace, the true heart of Venice.
The program is as follow:
PRISONS’ PALACE – ARTISTIC CIRCLE’S MAIN HALL
Monday: OPERA SINGERS’ CONCERT (Verdi, Rossini, Mozart, ecc.) at 9PM
Tuesday: OPERA SINGERS’ CONCERT (Verdi, Rossini, Mozart, ecc.) at 9PM
Wednesday: COLLEGIUM MUSICAE’S CONCERT (Vivaldi, Marcello, Paganini, ecc.) at 9PM
Thursday: OPERA SINGERS’ CONCERT (Verdi, Rossini, Mozart, ecc.) at 9PM
Friday: OPERA SINGERS’ CONCERT (Verdi, Rossini, Mozart, ecc.) at 9PM
Saturday: OPERA SINGERS’ CONCERT (Verdi, Rossini, Mozart, ecc.) at 9PM
Sunday: COLLEGIUM MUSICAE’S CONCERT (Vivaldi, Marcello, Paganini, ecc.) at 9PM
Friday December 31st 2021 OPERA SINGERS at 6PM
Saturday 1st January 2022 OPERA SINGERS at 6PM
- No commentary
- For Covid-19 precaution the use of the mask is MANDATORY. So, please bring your own.
- Unfortunately the concert is not totally accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- Comfortable shoes and appropriate clothes suggested
- The tour could be shared with other guests not belonging to the same party
- Palazzo Delle Prigioni, in Piazza San Marco (close to the Doge’s Palace). It is mandatory to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the beginning time.
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
- The Palazzo delle Prigioni is located in Riva degli Schiavoni near St. Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, leaving the Basilica on your left, proceed straight the two columns, then turn left. Cross one bridge, called Ponte della Paglia, and will you find Prisons Palace on your left.
- Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service.
- The concert does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (in this case it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).