Discover the islands of the Venetian Lagoon through our mobile app guide! Explore on your own and make a full day out of along the three gems of lagoon: Murano, Burano and Torcello.
- Adult (Ages 12+)
- Child (Ages 0-11)
Visit a Factory to Learn About Glassblowing in Venice
In front of you, a glass craftsman master will create a unique item while explaining the ancient phases of the production. You will discover that this historical art came from the Romans!
You may feel the warmth, experience the smells and the sounds of the furnace, and see the clever hands of the artisan mold the glass in front of your eyes. Then, like magic, it will be transformed into an unrepeatable object, thanks to the work of a millennial artisan culture that is handed down from one generation to another. The Venetian glassblowing art is recognized all around the world as a unique form of beauty.
You will live this experience in Saint Mark’s Square in an old glass factory showroom where you will see the main objects made with glass. At the end of your experience, you will receive a little glass gift for each couple or each family, as a souvenir of this visit.
- Master artisan at work and guided tour of a glass factory showroom in Saint Mark’s Square
- Small glass souvenir for each couple or family
- Shared live tour commentary provided in English, French, Spanish, Italian and Japanese (the visit could be multilingual)
- Brochure with description of the Magic art of Glassblowing
- Multilingual assistance at the meeting point departure for a skip the line service
- English, French, Spanish, Italian and Japanese. The visit could be multilingual
- For Covid-19 precaution the use of the mask is MANDATORY. So, please bring your own.
- Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party
- Venice Tours Assistance Point – St. Mark’s Square – Calle Larga Ascensione, 1257, 30124 – The Assistance Point is the big grey newsstand between Fendi boutique and Poste Italiane (Post Office). You’ll see a sign “VENICE TOURS – ASSISTANCE POINT”. The staff will wait for you there with the sign “GLASSBLOWING TOUR”. Please be at the meeting point 5 minutes before the departure time.
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
- ARRIVING ON FOOT With Piazza San Marco and the arches of Museo Correr at your back and the Poste Italiane (Post Office) in front of you, look on the left and you will see a big grey newsstand (with many souvenir and newspapers): that one is the Venice Tours Assistance Point.
The newsstand is between Fendi Boutique and Poste Italiane (Post Office). You’ll see a sign “VENICE TOURS – ASSISTANCE POINT”. The staff will wait for you there with the sign “GLASSBLOWING TOUR”.
- Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service.
- The tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (in this case it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).