Looking for fun Carnival activities? Learn from a Venetian master artisan how to make and decorate a papier-mâché Carnival mask and take it home with you as a souvenir!
Venetian Craftsmen Workshop
Masks, Food, Glass & More! | Discover Venetian Craftsmanship!
- Private Group (from 1 to 6 people)
More About Your Art Classes in Venice
This tour takes you to the exclusive Venetian Ateliers and shows you how the most famous traditional products are created! Over the centuries, Venice has provided superior quality handmade products that were exported all over the world for the use of the privileged few. Jump into the traditional craftsmanship of Venice, discovering those products that have made the city famous all over the world!
Today the simple word “Venice” still conjures up an atmosphere of sensuous luxury, sophisticated elegance and myriad joyful tactile and visual sensations.
Far from the beaten tracks, discover the pearls of Venice’s top handcraft tradition: velvets, brocades, marbleized paper, books and leather bindings, Papier-mâché Carnival masks, gold and silver jewelry, beads and other wonders await you.
The itinerary is not fixed, giving you the freedom to choose exactly what you want to see or to do, normally choosing on your own approximately 2/3 activities.
- Private guided tour with commentary in the selected language.
- Master Artisan’s demonstration.
- Choose with the tour guide on your own 2/3 activities among the possible one
- English or French or Italian or German or Spanish
- For Covid-19 precaution the use of the mask is MANDATORY. So, please bring your own.
- TO ACCESS ANY INTERIOR (MUSEUM, CHURCH, PALACE, RESTAURANT, WORKSHOP ETC.) ALL PARTICIPANTS OVER 12 YEARS OLD MUST PRESENT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
-PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION
-PROOF OF FIRST VACCINATION ADMINISTERED AT LEAST 15 DAYS AGO
-PROOF OF A COVID-19 INFECTION IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS
-NEGATIVE TEST TAKEN NO MORE THAN 48 HOURS BEFORE THE ACTIVITY STARTS
- For hotel pick up you must communicate to VENICE TOURS the address and name of the hotel at least 24 hours before tour departure
- Unfortunately this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- The itinerary is not fixed, giving you the freedom to choose exactly what you want to see or to do, normally choosing on your own approximately 2/3 activities
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- This tour is considered private.
- Venice Tours Assistance Point – St. Mark’s Square – Calle Larga Ascensione, 1257, 30124 – The Assistance Point is the big grey newsstand between Fendi boutique and Poste Italiane (Post Office). You’ll see a sign “VENICE TOURS – ASSISTANCE POINT”. The guide will wait for you there. Otherwise, if the hotel is in San Marco or Rialto area, the pick up is at your hotel (you must communicate the address at least 24 hours before the service).
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
- With Piazza San Marco and the arches of Museo Correr at your back and the Poste Italiane (Post Office) in front of you, look on the left and you will see a big grey newsstand (with many souvenir and newspapers): that one is the Venice Tours Assistance Point.
The newsstand is between Fendi Boutique and Poste Italiane (Post Office). You’ll see a sign “VENICE TOURS – ASSISTANCE POINT”.
- Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 72 hours before the service.
- The tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (in this case it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).