A carnival treasure hunt in Venice to uncover the city’s hidden treasures by playing.
The Walking Theatre Show
- Adult (Ages 17+)
- Young (Ages 12-16)
- Child (Ages 0-11)
In Venice, from the mid-fifteenth century, the nobles and the wealthy would walk preceded by a servant called “Codega” equipped with a lantern to light their path in the darkness of night, who would delight them with anecdotes and stories.
Today, your personal host will guide you through the maze of mystery that forms the city. A leap in the past which will inspire you to be the actors in a moving mise-en-scene and will push you to the heart of the Serenissima Republic and its Carnival.
This is the way to discover the city’s secrets! You will learn about Casanova and the Levantine, about the gondolier that become a priest and about the elephant that found shelter in a church. You will discover why an angel was put as a palace guardian and why the bridge between two convents was called “The Devil’s Bridge”, but also the secret language of fans and the legends of a number of ghosts that are said to inhabit Venice today.
Through the stories of the “Codega” the visitors will be escorted to unusual and secret places, away from the chaotic hustle and bustle of Carnival, to find out some interesting facts of the history and daily life of the Serenissima Republic.
A captivating event for the entire family, a new and unusual way to live Venice Carnival!
Are you curious about? Just to give you an idea, have a look on some Pantakin performances clicking here
- Shared walking tour with professional commentary from a Pantakin Company actor from Venice
- Itinerary flyer of tour
The visit could be bilingual
– English and Italian Tour: at 11:30 AM
– French and Italian Tour: at 12:30 PM, 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM
- Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- Comfortable shoes suggested.
- Max. 1 ticket per adult
- The show will be bilingual English & Italian or French & Italian.
- In case of particular events, the itinerary could be changed.
- Campo San Gallo (the well in front of the San Gallo Theatre – San Gallo hotel). Our assistant will wait for your with a signboard in which is written “CARNIVAL TOUR”. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure time.
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
- ARRIVING ON FOOT Walk into Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, turn left leaving the Basilica behind you. Proceed straight along the Square, walking on the right-hand side. After the “Gran Caffè Quadri” walk until you reach the Olivetti Museum and then turn right passing under the archway leading to a bridge. Cross the bridge and proceed straight on to “Campo San Gallo” the meeting point is in front of the San Gallo Theatre or San Gallo Hotel.
- Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 48 hours before the service. Within 24 hours before the service 50% refund.