A carnival treasure hunt in Venice to uncover the city’s hidden treasures by playing.
Carnival Treasure Hunt (FROM SAINT MARK’S AREA)
Carnival treasure hunt in Venice
- Adult (Ages 6+)
- Child (Ages 0-5)
Carnival treasure hunt game: discover Venetian hidden secrets by playing! Take part of Venice’s Carnival! Get 1 beautiful Carnival mask to personalize!
A fantastic route, at the discovery of Venice’s secrets and its famous Carnival. You’ll be given a map to start you on the treasure hunt, but that’s not all: after downloading the App on your phone, this will become your compass and… your personal automatic storyteller, recounting the secrets of the city and of this festive period.
The game will take you across the whole city, leading you into unexplored corners, and of course passing through the heart of Venice and the Carnival: St. Mark’s Square.
During the hunt, you’ll have to take a picture of at least 3 points highlighted on the map. In the end, the treasure will be yours, a Venetian white mask just to be painted by your own. A professional mask-painter will happily give some suggestions to decorate and personalize it in a wonderful Venetian Palace, the 1500 Doge’s Prisons’ Palace!
Spectacular location in Doge’s Palace Prisons’ Palace
The ending location, guarding your treasure, worth your special attention.
Everybody know or have ever heard about Casanova, right? Thus, according to many Venetian legends Casanova in flesh in blood was imprisoned in this historic Palace, which is part of the Doge’s Palace. The two buildings are connected through the well known Bridge of Sighs. Only imagine the atmophere to paint your mask here!
This game is ideal for groups and families too. Guaranteed you won’t forget it in a hurry!
Are you curious? Discover the itineraries, retreats and masks and….the final prize! Good luck and have fun! #carnivaltreasure
- Map of the city
- Mobile App
- 1 Carnival Mask
- 20 minutes of workshop with famous artist
- English, French and Italian
- Start at the grey newstand in Calle Ascensione 1257, adjacent to St. Mark’s Square.
- You will cross through impressive squares, among which Campo Manin, Campo Santo Stefano and Campo Sant’Anzolo. These are not squares, as the word “campo” actually means “field”.
- Then, you will discover hidden treasures like the Scala Contarini del Bovolo
- You will walk along the ancient Calle degli Assassini.
- You will go across the ponte delle Ostreghe, a bridge that is a testament to Venice’s ancestral fishing tradition.
And, of course, the churches. Most have incredible anecdotes to tell and sometimes even scandals. The Church of San Maurizio, not so scandalous, does however host a great collection of musical instruments. Venice is after all the city of music.
During the hunt, you’ll have to take a picture of at least 3 points highlighted on the map. In the end, the treasure will be yours, a Venetian white mask just to be painted on your own. A professional mask-painter will happily give some suggestions to decorate and personalize it in a wonderful Venetian Palace, the 1500 Doge’s Prisons’ Palace!
- At the meeting point, you’ll receive from our staff the map to look for your treasure and you’ll download the App on your phone: this will be the compass guiding you and the voice tell you stories along the way.
- On the map, you will see 4 hidden places to take a picture of. You will have to show a picture for at least 3 of the places to the mask-painter to take your treasure.
- At the ending point, in St Mark’s square 1500 Doge’s Prisons’ Palace, get inside to get your treasure, a white Venetian mask, you’ll paint it in a dedicated area with suggestions of a professional painter.
- Online booking.
- During the booking you will have to choose the date you want to play.
- You will receive a confirmation email with all the instructions.
- On the chosen day you will have to go to the meeting point to collect the paper map. Our staff will welcome you and will give you a paper map in addition to the itinerary already dowloaded on your device. We will also assist you if necessary, in the downloading of the itinerary on your device.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- San Marco-Calle Ascensione 1257, grey newstand.. Present yourself at the meeting point to collect the paper map and instructions.
- The ending point is at Palazzo Delle Prigioni, next to the Doge’s Palace in Piazza San Marco, where you will receive the treasure
- Timetable: 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
- ARRIVING ON FOOT With Piazza San Marco and the arches of Museo Correr at your back and the Poste Italiane (Post Office) in front of you, find on your left Venice Tours Assistance Point, the big grey newsstand (with many souvenir and newspapers)
The newsstand is located between Fendi Boutique and Poste Italiane (Post Office) and has the sign “VENICE TOURS – ASSISTANCE POINT”.
- Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service.
- The tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (in this case it can be postponed later or to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).