Create a magnificent glass artwork with one of the most famous Venetian artists in their local studio. Bring home your beautiful handiwork as a memorable souvenir!
- Adult (Ages 12+)
- Child (Ages 0-11)
- Private Course
Make a Mask for Carnival
COURSE OF PRODUCTION
A Venetian Master Artisan will explain to you the ancient technique of making a Venetian papier-mâché mask, providing information about the use of masks in Venice during past centuries. At the end of the course, you will keep the mask as a very special souvenir to bring back home.
After mask production, you shall return to the laboratory after a few hours to collect the mask since it takes time to dry; the created mask will not be decorated.
COURSE OF DECORATION
A Venetian Master Artisan will be your experienced decorator, who will teach you how to paint and decorate your own mask, providing you with information about the use of masks in Venice during past centuries. You will choose a mask to be decorated during the course and, at the end, you will keep your mask as a very special souvenir to bring back home.
COURSE OF PRODUCTION PLUS DECORATION
The mask needs six hours to dry, therefore you have to book the decoration course six hours after the production course.
- All necessary paints and supplies
- Class in making or decorating a papier-mâché mask
- The mask you made or decorated to keep
- English, French, Spanish and Italian. The activity could be bilingual
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Appropriate clothes suggested
- Mobile vouchers are accepted.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- Price is per production or decoration. If you would like to do both the cost is double.
- The Carnival mask master will provide masks and sanitizing gel
- Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service.
- The course does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (in these cases it can be postponed the days after otherwise it will be refunded).
- Campiello (small square) San Zulian 596. Please be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the departure time.
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
- ARRIVING ON FOOT
The laboratory is located a few minutes walk from Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and pass under the Clock Tower. Proceed straight on to the end of “Mercerie dell’Orologio”. Then turn right into “Campo San Zulian” and facing the Church pass its façade on the left and you have reached “Campiello San Zulian”. The laboratory is in the opposite corner on your right.