Create a magnificent glass artwork with one of the most famous Venetian artists in their local studio. Bring home your beautiful handiwork as a memorable souvenir!
Glassblowing art on Murano’s Island
- Person (All Ages)
Live demonstration of the Art of Glassblowing!
Enter in the marvelous Santa Chiara Church and admire an amazing glassblowing demonstration by a local craftsman. In this breathtaking location you will learn the glassblowing history and techniques that made Murano worldwide famous.
30-minutes demonstration where master glassblower creates unique glass item using the traditional techniques. The demonstration takes place in the ancient and beautiful Monastero di Santa Chiara. Learn the history of the Murano island and the gentle art of glass blowing.
Murano’s glass blowers are some of the most important citizens of Venice, and throughout the ages they have refined their techniques, thanks to expanding trade routes between the Venetian Republic and the Middle and Far East.
- Live commentary
- 30-minute glassblowing demonstration by expert master
- English, French, German, Spanish and Italian
- For Covid-19 precaution the use of the mask is MANDATORY in the glass factory. So, please bring your own.
- TO ACCESS ANY INTERIOR (MUSEUM, CHURCH, PALACE, RESTAURANT, WORKSHOP ETC.) ALL PARTICIPANTS OVER 12 YEARS OLD MUST PRESENT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
-PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION
-PROOF OF FIRST VACCINATION ADMINISTERED AT LEAST 15 DAYS AGO
-PROOF OF A COVID-19 INFECTION IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS
-NEGATIVE TEST TAKEN NO MORE THAN 48 HOURS BEFORE THE ACTIVITY STARTS
- Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair user or people with walking disabilities.
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party
- Mobile vouchers are accepted
- Every day at 11:00 am – 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm and 3:30 pm at The Glass Cathedral – Santa Chiara, Fondamenta Manin 1, 30141 Venezia
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
- Getting off on Colonna water bus stop, go right and follow the street until a bridge on your right. Cross it and enter in Santa Chiara Glass Cathedral.
- Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service.
- The tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (in this case it can be postponed to the later schedule/day after otherwise it will be refunded).