Discover the islands of the Venetian Lagoon through our mobile app guide! Explore on your own and make a full day out of along the three gems of lagoon: Murano, Burano and Torcello.
Venice islands: Murano, Burano and Torcello by boat
Explore Murano, Burano and Torcello with an amazing half-day excursion!
- Adult (Ages 6+)
- Child (Ages 3-5)
- Infant (Ages 0-2)
Ride Through the Venetian Lagoon
Enjoy a unique experience along the three-main islands of lagoon: Murano, Burano and Torcello. Discover the historic, artistic and popular heart of the Northern part of the Venetian Lagoon. From the top of Grand-Tourism motor boat you will admire all the norther lagoon while the expert guide will provide commentary about islands.
The first stop is the worldwide famous Murano island: the center of glass-blowing art. You will enjoy a live demonstration by a local craftsman in a glass factory. Admire him creating a unique glass item in front of your eyes.
The second stop is the picturesque island of Burano, famous for the lace workmanship and for its stunning bright-colored fishermen’s houses. Take a walk through the colorful ‘calli’ (the Venetian way to say ‘streets’) and admire the ladies embroidering elegant lace creations at every corner.
The last stop , but not the least, is the quiet and sparsely populated island of Torcello, The first center of civilization in the estuary, where it seems time has stopped: here you can visit the Byzantine churches, Attila’s throne and take a nice walk through the island’s green area.
At the you’ll come back to the Piazza San Marco.
An half-hay excursion to discover history an culture of the Venice islands.
- Shared guided boat tour with a qualified guide
- Transportation by motorboat
- Panoramic boat with toilet
- Entrance in a furnace in Murano
- Glassblowing demonstration
- Entrance in the Torcello’s Churches
- English, French, German, Spanish and Italian. The tour could be multilingual
- For Covid-19 precaution the use of the mask is MANDATORY aboard and in the glass factory. So, please bring your own.
- The boats are completely covered and the tour operates even in the event of rain or snow. If the weather is exceptionally bad, the tour may be postponed to a later date.
- The tour will be shared with other guests not belonging to the same party and may be multilingual
- The tour is not accessible for wheelchair users or guests with limited mobility
- It is mandatory to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the departure time
- Mobile vouchers are accepted
- Every day at 9:30 AM and 2:30 PM at the yellow desk with Murano, Burano and Torcello indication in front of the Prisons’ Palace, close to the bridge called Ponte della Paglia (between Doge’s Palace and Hotel Danieli). It is mandatory to be at the point 30 minutes before the departure time.
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
- ARRIVING ON FOOT
The yellow desk is located by the Prisons’ Palace in Riva degli Schiavoni near St. Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, leaving the Basilica on your left, proceed straight on to the two columns, then turn left. Cross one bridge, called Ponte della Paglia, and you will find the yellow desk by the Prisons’ Palace on your left.
- Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service.
- The tour does not take place in case of exceptional bad weather (in this case the tour will be postponed to another day or refunded)
- The tour operates regularly in case of rain or snow (boats are completely covered).