Explore the historical areas of “The Floating City” with this essential guided walking tour of Venice! This tour transports you to the Venice of centuries ago,
- Adult (Ages 15+)
- Young (Ages 6-14)
- Child (Ages 0-5)
Visit the best Venice landmarks in one day!
Start the tour walking trough Campo Santa Maria Formosa, Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo (the “Pantheon” of Venice), the Great school of Charity before viewing Marco Polo’s House and the Malibran Theatre. Return to San Marco through the main shopping area, Mercerie. Move to the front of the entry line and take a guided tour through Doge’s Palace (the Palazzo Ducale).
Then visit with a professional local guide the imposing Palazzo Ducale with its marvelous rooms, rich of history and incredible masterpieces made by great artists as Tintoretto that made the “Last Judgment“, one of the largest paintings in the world, for the “Major Council Hall”.
Admire the Golden staircase: the main entrance for the halls of power where the Doge decided the faith of the Republic! Cross the Bridge of Sighs going down to the dark Venetian prisons famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova.
Furthermore you will enjoy a marvelous 1-hour visit inside the Golden Basilica: famous for its five-domes covered by gold and the uncountable art masterpieces. The expert guide will accompany along its secular history narrating history, curiosities and legends about the Church!
With the same ticket you can visit by yourself the Palaces around Piazza San Marco as the Museo Correr, the Museo Archeologico Nazionale and the Biblioteca (library) Marciana.
At the end of your activity you will have the opportunity to do the free optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark’s square (20 minutes tour). Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally.
- Shared guided walking tour by a qualified and experienced guide and “Skip the line” Doge’s Palace, the Basilica and Pala D’Oro guided tour
- Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- Glass craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square (free optional tour)
- Entrance ticket valid to visit by yourself the palace around St. Mark’s Square (Old Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
- English, Italian, Spanish, German and French. The visit is monolingual
- Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- The tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded)
- For the visit of the Basilica proper clothing is required (no shorts or tank tops)
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- During some days of high turnout or for reasons of force majeure (for example high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access to St.Mark’s Basilica might be longer than expected: in this case, please line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide
- Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service
- St. Mark’s Square – Clock Tower near exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”. Do NOT go to the Bell Tower. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure time.
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
- ARRIVING ON FOOT The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.