Enjoy a guided tour of Palazzo Ducale and the stunning Bridge os Sighs, Admire Venice from an exclusive view!
Doge’s Palace & St. Mark’s Basilica guided tour – German
Discover San Marco Square!
- Adult (Ages +14)
- Young (Ages 6-14)
- Child (Ages 0-5)
Explore the Heart of Venice
Amazing guided tour of The Doge’s Palace and the marvelous Golden Basilica!
The tour starts in the imposing Doge’s palace with its marvelous rooms, rich of history and incredible masterpieces made by great artists as Tiepoloand Tiziano. Be stunned in front of the Golden staircase: the main entrance for the halls of power where the Doge decided the faith of the Republic! Then Cross the Bridge of Sighs and go to the dark Venetian prisons, where many important figures were imprisoned, including Casanova.
Head to the Saint Mark’s Basilica: the five-dome Cathedral known also as the Golden Basilica due to the interior completely covered by mosaics made with pure gold! The guide will escort you in this byzantine masterpiece and will teach you its history and the meaning of the many biblical scenes that decorate the church. See the breathtaking Pala D’oro with its uncountable gems and, then, enter in the Saint Mark Treasury: a stunning collection of relics and valuable items collected along many centuries.
With this special ticket you can visit by yourself the palaces around St. Mark’s Square: (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
At the end of your activity you will have the opportunity to do the free optional tour the Glass Craftsman at work visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark’s square (20 minutes tour). Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally.
- Shared guided tour with specialized guide to Doge’s Palace and St. Mark’s Basilica
- “Skip the Line ticket” for Doge’s Palace and a walk across the Bridge of Sighs into the prisons
- Skip the line ticket to visit by yourself the Museo Correr, Biblioteca Marciana and National Archeological Museum in St.Mark’s Square.
- Optional glassblowing demonstration close to Saint Mark’s Square.
- Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
Until 31st March 2021, the visit is monolingual:
- English and French on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
- German: every day
- Italian: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday
- Unfortunately this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of unplanned religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded)
- For the visit of the Basilica suitable clothing is required (no shorts)
- The tour is not private but it could be shared with other participants
- We accept mobile vouchers
- During some days of high turnout or for reason of force majeure (for example high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access St.Mark’s Basilica might be longer than expected: in this case, please line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide
St. Mark’s Square – Clock Tower near exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”. Do NOT go to the Bell Tower.
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
- ARRIVING BY PUBLIC VAPORETTO
Take line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso” stop or line #2 and get off at “San Marco Giardinetti” stop. Once you get off the vaporetto, turn right and go straight on to the two columns, then turn left and reach Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
ARRIVING ON FOOT
The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
- ARRIVING BY PUBLIC VAPORETTO