Skip the line ticket for Palazzo Ducale and the fascinating Museums in Piazza San Marco: Museo Correr, Museo Archelogico Nazionale and the Biblioteca (library) Marciana. Enjoy an audio guide with commentary of Palazzo Ducale.
Ducal Venice: Walking Tour & Palazzo Ducale
Walking tour, Palazzo Ducale and Bridge of Sighs with a expert local guide
- Adult (Ages 15+)
- Young (Ages 6-14)
- Child (Ages 0-5)
Venice Walking Tour Through Doge’s Palace and More
An enchanting tour around Venice and inside the breathtaking Doge’s Palace!
Start the tour in the breathtaking St. Mark’s Square where you will admire the Palazzo Ducale, The Golden Basilica, Bell-tower and much more! The guide will escort you through labyrinth of “calli” (venetian narrow streets) discovering some of the most important point of interests as Santa Maria Formosa square, the Teatro Malibran, the Basilica di San Giovanni e Paolo, known as the Venetian Pantheon and the famous “Mercerie” (shopping street). The last point (but not the least) is Rialto Bridge with its traditional markets and San Giacometto Church: the first one of Venice (dates about 1000 A.C.). The guide will narrate the amazing history and curiosities of the city and the monuments around you to you.
Later, You’ll enter in the imposing Palazzo Ducale with its marvelous rooms, rich of history and incredible masterpieces made by great artists as Tintoretto that made the “Last Judgment, one of the largest paintings in the world, for the “Major Council Hall”.
Admire the Golden staircase: the main entrance for the halls of power where the Doge decided the faith of the Republic!
Cross the Bridge of Sighs going down to the dark Venetian prisons famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova. Here you will relive the anguish of the prisoners who, from the bridge, saw Venice for the last time.
With the same ticket you can visit by yourself the Palaces around Piazza San Marco as the Museo Correr, the Museo Archeologico Nazionale and the Biblioteca (library) Marciana.
- Shared guided walking tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide
- “Skip the line” guided tour of Doge’s Palace
- Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- Entrance ticket valid to visit by yourself the palace around St. Mark’s Square (Old Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
- English, French, Spanish, German and Italian. The visit is monolingual
- For Covid-19 precaution the use of the mask is MANDATORY. So, please bring your own.
- Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people.
- Comfortable shoes suggested.
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside Doge’s Palace: FREE DEPOSIT INSIDE.
- The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party.
- at the brown wooden newsstand with the yellow sign where is written “MEETING POINT”, Calle Larga de l’Ascension, St. Mark’s Square, in front of the Post Office. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure time.
- Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service.
- The tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (in this case it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).