Discover Palazzo Ducale and the Golden Basilica with an expert local guide! You’ll Cross the famous Bridge of Sighs. Skip the lines entrance in both the monuments!
Venice Walking Tour Through Doge’s Palace and More
An enchanting tour around Venice and inside the breathtaking Doge’s Palace!
Start the tour in the breathtaking St. Mark’s Square where you will admire the Palazzo Ducale, The Golden Basilica, Bell-tower and much more! The guide will escort you through labyrinth of “calli” (venetian narrow streets) discovering some of the most important point of interests as Santa Maria Formosa square, the Teatro Malibran, the Basilica di San Giovanni e Paolo, known as the Venetian Pantheon and the famous “Mercerie” (shopping street). The last point (but not the least) is Rialto Bridge with its traditional markets and San Giacometto Church: the first one of Venice (dates about 1000 A.C.). The guide will narrate the amazing history and curiosities of the city and the monuments around you to you.
Later, You’ll enter in the imposing Palazzo Ducale with its marvelous rooms, rich of history and incredible masterpieces made by great artists as Tintoretto that made the “Last Judgment, one of the largest paintings in the world, for the “Major Council Hall”.
Admire the Golden staircase: the main entrance for the halls of power where the Doge decided the faith of the Republic!
Cross the Bridge of Sighs going down to the dark Venetian prisons famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova. Here you will relive the anguish of the prisoners who, from the bridge, saw Venice for the last time.
With the same ticket you can visit by yourself the Palaces around Piazza San Marco as the Museo Correr, the Museo Archeologico Nazionale and the Biblioteca (library) Marciana.
- Shared guided walking tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide
- “Skip the line” guided tour of Doge’s Palace
- Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- Glass craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square
- Entrance ticket valid to visit by yourself the palace around St. Mark’s Square (Old Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
St. Mark’s Square – Clock Tower near exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”. Do NOT go to the Bell Tower
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT:
The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
From April to October:
English, French, Spanish, and German every day.
Italian only on Saturday.
The visit is monolingual.
From November to March:
English every day.
German on Monday and Friday.
French on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
Spanish on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
The visit is monolingual.
- Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people.
- Comfortable shoes suggested.
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside Doge’s Palace: FREE DEPOSIT INSIDE.
- The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party.