Enjoy a guided tour of Palazzo Ducale and the stunning Bridge os Sighs, Admire Venice from an exclusive view!
- Adult (Ages 6+)
- €69 €62.10
- Child (Ages 0-6)
Guided tour of The Doge’s Palace and the marvelous Golden Basilica!
Enter in the imposing Doge’s palace with its marvelous rooms, rich of history and incredible masterpieces made by great artists as Tiepolo and admire the Golden staircase: the main entrance for the halls of power where the Doge decided the faith of the Republic! Then Cross the Bridge of Sighs going down to the dark Venetian prisons, where many important figures were imprisoned, including Casanova.
Head to the Saint Mark’s Basilica: the five-dome Cathedral known also as the Golden Basilica due to the interior completely covered by pure gold mosaics! The guide will escort you in the byzantine masterpiece and will teach you its history and the meaning of the many biblical scenes in the church. See the breathtaking Pala D’oro with its uncountable gems and, then, enter in the Saint Mark Treasury: a stunning collection of relics and valuable items collected along many centuries.
With this special ticket you can visit by yourself the palaces around St. Mark’s Square: (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
At the end of your activity you will have the opportunity to do the free optional tour the Glass Craftsman at work visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark’s square (20 minutes tour). Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally.
- Shared guided tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide.
- “Skip the line”: Doge’s Palace, The Basilica and Pala D’oro guided tour.
- Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people.
- Entrance ticket valid to visit by yourself the palace around St. Mark’s Square (Old Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana).
- Glass craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square
St. Mark’s Square – Clock Tower near exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”. Do NOT go to the Bell Tower.
How to reach the meeting point:
The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
From April to October:
English, French, Spanish and German from Monday to Saturday
Italian only on Saturday
The visit is monolingual.
From November to March:
English from Monday to Saturday
German on Monday and Friday
French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Spanish on Wednesday and Saturday
The visit is monolingual.
- Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Doges’ Palace and Golden Basilica: prior to your visit you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St.Mark’s Square – Calle San Basso). The storage service is free of charge, but please allow sufficient time!
- Comfortable shoes suggested – For the visit of Basilica proper clothing are required (no short or tank pops).
- The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party
- During some days of high turnout or for reason of force majeure (for example high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access St.Mark’s Basilica might be longer than expected: in this case, please line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.