Explore the historical areas of “The Floating City” with this essential guided walking tour of Venice! This tour transports you to the Venice of centuries ago,
Venice in 1 day: Doge’s Palace, Basilica, Gondola ride, The magic art of glassblowing and City Self-Guided Tour
See Venice in a day with our Doge's Palace and Basilica Tour + Gondola ride + The magic art of glassblowing + City Self-Guided Tour
- Adult (Ages 15+)
- Young (Ages 6-14)
- Child (Ages 3-5)
- Infant (Ages 0-2)
Discover the Best of the City in 1 day
Enter in the imposing Palazzo Ducale with its marvelous rooms, rich of history and incredible masterpieces made by great artists as Tintoretto that made the “Last Judgment, one of the largest paintings in the world, for the “Major Council Hall”.
Admire the Golden staircase: the main entrance for the halls of power where the Doge decided the faith of the Republic! Cross the Bridge of Sighs going down to the dark Venetian prisons famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova. Here you will relive the anguish of the prisoners who, from the bridge, saw Venice for the last time.
Later, enjoy a marvelous 1-hour visit inside the Golden Basilica: famous for its five-domes covered by gold and the uncountable art masterpieces. The expert guide will accompany along its secular history narrating history, curiosities and legends around the Church!
In Piazza San Marco you’ll visit a glass showroom where a local craftsman creates a unique glass artwork using the ancient Murano techniques. During the 20-minutes demonstration you’ll learn the history of this magic art that made Murano worldwide famous. At end you’ll receive a small present as souvenir.
Get on gondola and discover the Canal Grande and its romantic waterways! During the pleasant promenade you will admire some of the main Venice highlights as Mozart’s house, the world-wide famous Fenice Opera house, Basilica of Santa Maria della Salute, Punta della Dogana, Peggy Guggenheim Collection and many others!
The guide will narrate you the fascinating history of gondola and gondoliers! On board you will listen to all about the palaces, churches, and attractions around you. You will learn also tales known only by Venetians! At the end of the gondola tour you will receive a QR code to download a digital map with 2D images of Venice from the middle ages until the 18th century.
Finally, discover independently, with a self-guided tour, the most famous and marvelous areas of Venice: San Marco and Rialto!
31 points of interest spread across the itinerary, among them you will see the magnificent Theatre “La Fenice”, Rialto Bridge with its typical market and the majestic Accademia Bridge! Of course, the audio-guide will escort you through the endless-history of Saint Mark’s Square and its breathtaking basin!
- 2-hours live guided tour of Palazzo Ducale and Basilica (Audio-receiver devices for groups of more than 10 people) (Departure time: 10:45 AM)
- 20-minutes Glassblowing demonstration in Piazza San Marco (Departure time: 2:30 PM) (Master artisan at work and guided tour of a glass factory showroom in Piazza San Marco, Small glass souvenir for every couple of family, Shared live tour commentary provided in English, French, Spanish, Italian and Japanese – the visit could be multilingual, Brochure with description of the Magic art of Glassblowing)
- 50-minutes shared gondola ride (Live commentary about the itinerary & the history of gondolas and gondoliers in English and Italian. Commentary by mobile app in German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Hindi and Russian, at the end it’s also included a QR code for mobile app to see 2D images of Venice in the past) (Departure time: 4:00 PM)
- 2-hours St. Mark and Rialto Self-Guided tour (NOT included for Young and Child) (Departure time: at your leisure, by day or by night) (Self-guided tour by mobile app with pictures, audio and written commentary of the exterior of 31 attractions and points of interest- it must be downloaded on your mobile)
- English, French, Spanish, German and Italian
- For Covid-19 precaution the use of the mask is MANDATORY. So, please bring your own.
- TO ACCESS ANY INTERIOR (MUSEUM, CHURCH, PALACE, RESTAURANT, WORKSHOP ETC.) ALL PARTICIPANTS OVER 12 YEARS OLD MUST PRESENT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
-PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION
-PROOF OF FIRST VACCINATION ADMINISTERED AT LEAST 15 DAYS AGO
-PROOF OF A COVID-19 INFECTION IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS
-NEGATIVE TEST TAKEN NO MORE THAN 48 HOURS BEFORE THE ACTIVITY STARTS
- This is a saving combo that includes 4 services so, it is compulsory to write the 3 services/tours (not for self-guided tour) and to print or to show the mobile/paper voucher 3 times.
- Services could be done in different days, please you should indicate the dates of each tour
- Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Basilica and inside the Doges’ Palace (free deposit inside).
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- For the visit of Basilica proper clothing are required (no short or tank pops).
- The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party.
- During some days of high turnout or for reason of force majeure (for example high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access St.Mark’s Basilica might be longer than expected: in this case, please line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.
- Each gondola can hold a maximum of 5 people.
- The guide will be only on one gondola, the participants on the others gondola will listen to her/him with the audio-devices
- The gondolier will determine which seat you will sit in according to each guests weight.
- At the end of the gondola tour, you will receive a QR code to download a digital map with 2D images of Venice from the middle ages until the 18th century
- The gondola itinerary could change in case of wind or bad weather.
- Mobile vouchers are accepted
- The City Self-guided tour is NOT INCLUDED for young and child
- On the gallery you can find the pictures with the itinerary of the Self-guided tour
- You will receive an e-mail with the QR code and instructions to activate the tour
- You can use it anytime by night and by day how many times you want
- This app won’t use up any data connection as it runs on GPS only
- You have to download the app on your mobile phone
- Please download the app before starting the tour
- Please pay attention, our App is totally independent from your operator’s App. On your device will appear Pop Guide icon
- The app is supported by the followed system:
Apple: from IOS 8; IPhone, Ipad and Ipod Touch
Android: from the 4.1 version system
- FOR DOGE’S PALACE AND BASILICA TOUR: at the brown wooden newsstand with the yellow sign where is written “MEETING POINT”, Calle Larga de l’Ascension, in front of the Post Office. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure time.
- FOR GLASSBLOWING DEMONSTRATION: Venice Tours Assistance Point – St. Mark’s Square – Calle Larga Ascensione, 1257, 30124 – The Assistance Point is the big grey newsstand between Fendi boutique and Poste Italiane (Post Office). You’ll see a sign “VENICE TOURS – ASSISTANCE POINT”. The staff will wait for you there with the sign “GLASSBLOWING TOUR”. Please be at the meeting point 5 minutes before the departure time.
- FOR GONDOLA RIDE: Venice Tours Assistance Point – St. Mark’s Square – Calle Larga Ascensione, 1257, 30124 – The Assistance Point is the big grey newsstand between Fendi boutique and Poste Italiane (Post Office). You’ll see a sign “VENICE TOURS – ASSISTANCE POINT”. The staff will wait for you there with a sign “GONDOLA TOUR”. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure time.
- FOR SAINT MARK AND RIALTO SELF-GUIDED TOUR: at your leisure, by day or by night. It is suggested to start the tour from Saint Mark’s Square or Rialto Area.
- Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service.
- The tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of unplanned religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).