Fascinating gondola ride along the Gran Canal and the most hidden and picturesque waterways passing under small bridges and along romantic corners reachable only by gondola!
The Golden Basilica – Guided tour
Discover San Marco Square!
- Adult (Ages 6+)
- Child (Ages 0-5)
Complete visit of the Saint Mark’s Basilica
Enjoy a marvelous 1-hour visit inside the Golden Basilica: famous for its five-domes covered by gold and the uncountable art masterpieces inside. The expert guide will accompany along its secular history narrating curiosities and legends around the Church!
The Basilica is the perfect synthesis of Venetian art and a unique blend of Byzantine, Romanesque and Gothic elements with the Five Oriental-looking domes crown. Visit the Basilica’s Terrace with the copies of the famous horses. From this spectacular location admire the most beautiful view of heart of Venice: St Mark’s Square.
Discover St. Mark’s Museum where to admire objects of various kinds and origins belonging to the Basilica, including the quadriga of St. Mark’s, the famous horses, moved from its original in the terrace after the last restoration.
At the end of your activity you will have the opportunity to do the free optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark’s square (20 minutes tour). Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally.
- Shared guided tour by a qualified and experienced guide.
- Skip the Line: the Basilica guided tour
- Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- English, French, Spanish, German and Italian. The visit is monolingual
- For Covid-19 precaution the use of the mask is MANDATORY. So, please bring your own.
- Unfortunately this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- For the visit of the Basilica is required suitable clothing (no shorts).
- During some days of high turnout or for reason of force majeure (for example high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access St. Mark’s Basilica might be longer than expected: in this case, please line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- Mobile vouchers are accepted
- The tour is NOT private but it could be shared with other participants
- at the brown wooden newsstand with the yellow sign where is written “MEETING POINT”, Calle Larga de l’Ascension, St. Mark’s Square, in front of the Post Office. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure time.
- Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service.
- The tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of unplanned religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).