Fascinating gondola ride along the Gran Canal and the most hidden and picturesque waterways passing under small bridges and along romantic corners reachable only by gondola!
Complete visit of the Saint Mark’s Basilica
Enjoy a marvelous 1-hour visit inside the Golden Basilica: famous for its five-domes covered by gold and the uncountable art masterpieces inside. The expert guide will accompany along its secular history narrating curiosities and legends around the Church! Be stunned in front of the Pala D’oro: stunning altar full of gems and precious stones, a Treasury of religious art collected along the centuries.
The Basilica is the perfect synthesis of Venetian art and a unique blend of Byzantine, Romanesque and Gothic elements with the Five Oriental-looking domes crown.
For a part of the visit you listen to the guide comfortably seated in the middle of the Cathedral.
At the end of your activity you will have the opportunity to do the free optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark’s square (20 minutes tour). Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally.
- Shared guided tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide
- “Skip the line”: The Basilica and Pala D’Oro guided tour
- Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- Glass craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square
St. Mark’s Square – Clock Tower near exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”. Do NOT go to the Bell Tower
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT:
The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
From April to October:
English, French, Spanish and German from Monday to Saturday
Italian only on Saturday.
From November to March:
English from Monday to Saturday
German on Monday and Friday
French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Spanish on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people.
- Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of special religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- For the visit of the Basilica proper clothing is required (no shorts or tank tops).
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Basilica: prior to your visit you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St. Mark’s Square – Calle San Basso). The storage service is free of charge, but please allow sufficient time!
- During some days of high turnout or for reason of force majeure (for example high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access St. Mark’s Basilica might be longer than expected: in this case, please line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.
- Comfortable shoes suggested.
- The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party.