A guided tour in one of the most majestic cathedrals of the world: The Saint Mark’s Basilica!
Visit the best Venice landmarks in one day!
Start the tour with the walking tour of St. Mark’s Square where you will admire the Palazzo Ducale, The Golden Basilica, Bell-tower and much more! The guide will escort you through labyrinth of “calli” (venetian narrow streets) discovering some of the most important points of interest as Santa Maria Formosa square, the Basilica di San Giovanni e Paolo and Rialto Bridge with its traditional markets and San Giacometto Church: the first one of Venice (datoes about 1000 A.C.).
Later, You’ll enter in the imposing Palazzo Ducale with its marvelous rooms, rich of history and incredible masterpieces made by great artists as Tintoretto that made the “Last Judgment“, one of the largest paintings in the world, for the “Major Council Hall”.
Admire the Golden staircase: the main entrance for the halls of power where the Doge decided the faith of the Republic! Cross the Bridge of Sighs going down to the dark Venetian prisons famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova.
At end you will enjoy a marvelous 1-hour visit inside the Golden Basilica: famous for its five-domes covered by gold and the uncountable art masterpieces. The expert guide will accompany along its secular history narrating history, curiosities and legends about the Church! Be stunned in front of the Pala D’oro: stunning altar full of gems and precious stones.
With the same ticket you can visit by yourself the Palaces around Piazza San Marco as the Museo Correr, the Museo Archeologico Nazionale and the Biblioteca (library) Marciana.
- Shared guided walking tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide
- “Skip the line” Doge’s Palace, the Basilica and Pala D’Oro guided tour
- Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- Glass craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square
- Entrance ticket valid to visit by yourself the palace around St. Mark’s Square (Old Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
- Meeting point
St. Mark’s Square – Clock Tower near exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”. Do NOT go to the Bell Tower.
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT:
The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
- Language Options
From April to October:
English, French, Spanish and German from Monday to Saturday
Italian only on Saturday
From November to March:
English from Monday to Saturday
German on Monday and Friday
French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Spanish on Wednesday and Saturday
- Important Information
- Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- For the visit of the Basilica proper clothing is required (no shorts or tank tops).
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Basilica and inside the Doges’ Palace: prior to your visit you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St. Mark’s Square – Calle San Basso). The storage service is free of charge, but please allow sufficient time!
- Comfortable shoes suggested.
- The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party
- During some days of high turnout or for reasons of force majeure (for example high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access to St. Mark’s Basilica might be longer than expected: in this case, please line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.