Combo of Venice Waterways Tour and Collegium Ducale Orchestral Concert.
Breathtaking Gondola Ride and Golden Basilica tour
Fascinating gondola ride along the Canal Grande and its picturesque waterways and romantic corners reachable only by gondola! During the charming ride you will admire the Mozart House, the worldwide La Fenice Theatre, Rio (Canal) “De le Ostreghe” until the most beautiful part of the Canal Grande, where you will admire the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, the Salute Church, Punta della Dogana and, at the end you will be stunned in front the breathtaking view of the St. Mark’s Basin!
The Golden Basilica
After the gondola ride you will visit the St. Mark’s Basilica! Enjoy a full guided visit the Golden Cathedral, unique of its kind in Italy. Cherish the stunning gold mosaics and marble inlays of the floors, sitting comfortably while the guide will show you the represented biblical scenes, the history and the particularities of this ancient Basilica. Admire the Pala d’oro, exquisite example with its thousands of gems and precious stones.
- Shared guided tour with commentary by qualified and experienced guide
- “Skip the line” the Basilica and Pala D’Oro guided tour
- Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- Shared gondola ride 30 minutes without commentary
- Map with description of the palaces you admire during the gondola tour
- Glass craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square
- Language Options
The visit is monolingual.
From April to October:
English, French, Spanish and German from Monday to Saturday
Italian only on Saturday
From November to March:
English from Monday to Saturday
German on Monday and Friday
French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Spanish on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Important Information
- Unfortunately, the tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people.
- Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded) – For the visit of the Basilica proper clothing is required (no shorts or tank tops).
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Basilica: Prior to your visit you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St.Mark’s Square – Calle San Basso). The storage service is free of charge, but please allow sufficient time!
- Comfortable shoes suggested.
- Each gondola can host maximum 6 people; the seat aboard cannot be chosen but will be assigned by the gondolier depending of guest’s weight.
- The gondola itinerary could change in case of wind or bad weather.
- The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party
- Meeting point
GONDOLA RIDE: Calle Larga dell’Ascension- In front of the post office (POSTE ITALIANE). Our assistant will wait for you with a signboard in which is written “GONDOLA TOUR”. The gondolier’s station is 2 minutes walking from the meeting point.
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
Museo Correr is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower leaving the Basilica behind you proceed straight on to the colonnade with Museo Correr’s entrance. In front of it you will find the assistant waiting for you with a signboard “Gondola Tour”.