A carnival treasure hunt in Venice to uncover the city’s hidden treasures by playing.
- Adult (Ages 19+)
- Young (Ages 15-18)
- Child (Ages 6-14)
- Night Ball (Adult Only)
Live like Casanova intended!
Live the ancient Venetian Carnival experience and get totally involved in by nothing less than Casanova in fresh and blood! Abandon you in his welcoming introduction to the magic Carnival world.
Discover in pleasant company of your special narrator the Carnival tales and legends. You will be the main character of this daydream. As first action to feel the festive Carnival mood wear the handmade colorful mask you will receive at the entrance of the veritable Carnival palace.
Enjoy the all long backgroung live music by clavicembalo, to feel the party atmosphere in a spectacular location in the heart of Venice : Doge’s prisons palace. Be part of the scene dancing Minuetto, a typical Carnival dance in the 1700 and tasting traditional Venetian sweets, Galani and Frittelle, accompanied by Italian sparkling white wine Prosecco. The professional performers will let you experience the Carnival ancient board games to live an all-around Venetian Carnival experience.
Discover the spectacular Venetian Carnival palace
The location worth your special attention, according to many Venetian legends Casanova was imprisoned in this historic Palace, which is part of the Doge’s Palace. The two buildings are connected through the well-known Bridge of Sights.
The Palace hosted one of the most ancient magistracies of the Venetian Republic, covering tasks of police and surveillance, as well as instructing processes. Nowadays, the prison’s palace is the seat of the Artistic Circle of Venice which welcomes guests offering different cultural experiences and concerts.
And a one, two, three, and a one, two, three let you guide by a professional Minuetto Master following the clavicembalo live sound. Discover the typical Carnival dance, a truly hit of 1700. Get prepared to the amazing Carnival balls or just enjoy the moment. Minuetto elegance will let you dream and magically imagine to be a Venetian nobleman of baroque time.
Finally, after dances and a typical board games of the ancient Ridotto, just to feel the past Carnival times you are ready to taste some delicious Carnival sweets as Galani or Frittelle accompagnied by Italian sparkling white wine, Prosecco.
- Location Prison Palace of Piazza San Marco
- Handmade face mask included
- Professional actors’ performance
- Live music with clavicembalo
- Involvement of the participants
- Carnival sweets tasting experience.
- Casanova tales introduction and palace’s history
- Play the Ridotto’s style Carnival games
- Minuetto dance with the dance master
- Carnival sweets tasting: frittelle and galani with a glass of wine
- English, French and Italian
- Dress code: the period costume is NOT requested
- Palazzo Delle Prigioni, beside the Doge’s Palace in Piazza San Marco
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
- In Piazza San Marco, with the Doge’s Palace in front of you and the S.Mark’s Basin at your back, go on the right, cross the Bridge (from where you see the Bridge of Sighs) and then look on the left, you will see the entrance of the Palazzo delle Prigioni.
- Booking can be cancelled up to 48 hours before the date of the event.