The Art of Glassblowing in the beautiful Santa Chiara Church. Admire a live glassblowing demonstration by a local craftsman.
- Adult (Ages 6+)
- Child (Ages 3-5)
- Infant (Ages 0-2)
Venice Islands 6-Hour Full-day Trip
Enjoy the Panoramic Venice islands tour: day trip in the northern lagoon to discover Murano, Burano and Torcello. 6 hours to see the islands in all their beauty.
After a fascinating boat ride in the Lagoon dominated by nature, you will stop in Murano, the glass island, known throughout the world for its glassmaking art. You will visit a Furnace, where you will admire a glass blowing demonstration and learn about the ancient glass-blowing technique. (You will stay 1 hour and 15 minutes).
The tour will then continue towards Burano, the jewel of the Venetian Lagoon, famous all over the world for its lacemaking and for the brightly colored fishermen’s houses. Take a chance to walk through the ‘calli’ (the Venetian way to say ‘streets’) and to admire the ladies embroidering lace handmade products.
You will spend more time to stay in Burano, which is probably the most charming island in the lagoon. You will arrive in Burano for lunchtime, so you will have the opportunity to choose one of the typical fish restaurants for a quick lunch or to shop at the handmade lace stores. (You will stay 1 hour and 30 minutes).
The last, but not the least is the quiet and sparsely populated island of Torcello, the first center of civilization in the estuary. On these island you can admire the oldest churches of the lagoon and discover how Venice was born! (You will stay 1 hour and 15 minutes).
You will come back to the islands crossing all the lagoon admiring the fascinating St. Mark’s Basin form the boat
Enjoy the panoramic boat, from where you can take marvelous pictures to Venice and its lagoon.
- Shared guided tour on board with a tour guide
- Glassblowing demonstration in a Murano furnace
- 1 hour and 15 minutes on Murano
- 1 hour and 30 minutes on Burano and 1 hour on Torcello
- Panoramic boat with toilet
- Entrance inside the Torcello’s Churches
- English, French, Spanish, German and Italian. The visit could be multilingual
- For Covid-19 precaution the use of the mask is MANDATORY aboard and in the glass factory. So, please bring your own.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- Comfortable shoes are suggested
- The boats are completely covered and the tour operates even in the event of rain or snow. If the weather is exceptionally bad, the tour may be postponed to a later date.
- The entrance inside the Torcello’s Churches is not included
- It is compulsory to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the departure time
- Please note that this is not a private tour and is shared with other guests not belonging to the same party
- The visit could be multilingual
- Every day at 11:00 AM at the yellow desk with Murano, Burano and Torcello indication in front of the Prisons’ Palace, close to the bridge called Ponte della Paglia (between Doge’s Palace and Hotel Danieli). It is compulsory to be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the departure time.
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
- ARRIVING ON FOOT
The yellow desk is located by the Prisons’ Palace in Riva degli Schiavoni near St. Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, leaving the Basilica on your left, proceed straight on to the two columns, then turn left. Cross one bridge, called Ponte della Paglia, and you will find the yellow desk by the Prisons’ Palace on your left.
- Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service.
- The tour does not operate in case of exceptionally bad weather (in this case the tour will be postponed to another day or refunded).
- The tour operates regularly in case of rain or snow (boats are completely covered).