The Art of Glassblowing in the beautiful Santa Chiara Church. Admire a live glassblowing demonstration by a local craftsman.
Venice Islands Day Trip: Murano, Burano & Torcello
Explore the gems of the Lagoon in a 6-hour full-day trip!
- Adult (Ages 6+)
- Child (Ages 3-5)
- Infant (Ages 0-2)
Venice Islands 6-Hour Full-day Trip
Enjoy the Panoramic Venice islands tour: day trip in the northern lagoon to discover Murano, Burano and Torcello. 6 hours to see the islands in all their beauty.
After a fascinating boat ride in the Lagoon dominated by nature, you will stop in Murano, the glass island, known throughout the world for its glassmaking art. You will visit a Furnace, where you will admire a glass blowing demonstration and learn about the ancient glass-blowing technique. (You will stay 1 hour and 15 minutes).
The tour will then continue towards Burano, the jewel of the Venetian Lagoon, famous all over the world for its lacemaking and for the brightly colored fishermen’s houses. Take a chance to walk through the ‘calli’ (the Venetian way to say ‘streets’) and to admire the ladies embroidering lace handmade products.
You will spend more time to stay in Burano, which is probably the most charming island in the lagoon. You will arrive in Burano for lunchtime, so you will have the opportunity to choose one of the typical fish restaurants for a quick lunch or to shop at the handmade lace stores. (You will stay 1 hour and 30 minutes).
The last, but not the least is the quiet and sparsely populated island of Torcello, the first center of civilization in the estuary. On these island you can admire the oldest churches of the lagoon and discover how Venice was born! (You will stay 1 hour and 15 minutes).
You will come back to the islands crossing all the lagoon admiring the fascinating St. Mark’s Basin from the boat.
Enjoy the panoramic boat, from where you can take marvelous pictures to Venice and its lagoon.
For the tours at 12:00 PM and 12:30 PM:
– Adult (Ages 6+): € 25 p.p.
– Child (Ages 3-5): € 15 p.p.
– Infant (Ages 0-2): Free
For the tours at 2:00 PM and 2:30 PM:
– Adult (Ages 6+): € 20 p.p.
– Child (Ages 3-5): € 10 p.p.
– Infant (Ages 0-2): Free
- Shared guided tour on board with a tour guide
- Glassblowing demonstration in a Murano furnace
- 1 hour and 15 minutes on Murano
- 1 hour and 30 minutes on Burano and 1 hour on Torcello
- Entrance inside the Torcello’s Churches
- English, French, Spanish, German and Italian. The visit could be multilingual
- For Covid-19 precaution the use of the mask is MANDATORY aboard and in the glass factory. So, please bring your own.
- TO ACCESS ANY INTERIOR (MUSEUM, CHURCH, PALACE, RESTAURANT, WORKSHOP ETC.) ALL PARTICIPANTS OVER 12 YEARS OLD MUST PRESENT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
-PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION
-PROOF OF FIRST VACCINATION ADMINISTERED AT LEAST 15 DAYS AGO
-PROOF OF A COVID-19 INFECTION IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS
-NEGATIVE TEST TAKEN NO MORE THAN 48 HOURS BEFORE THE ACTIVITY STARTS
- The tour at 12:00 PM takes 6 hours and half, the tour at 2:00 PM and 2:30 PM takes 4 hours and half
- The tour ends at St.Mark’s Square and not at the train station.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- Comfortable shoes are suggested
- The boats are completely covered and the tour operates even in the event of rain or snow. If the weather is exceptionally bad, the tour may be postponed to a later date.
- The entrance inside the Torcello’s Churches is not included
- It is compulsory to be at the meeting point 20 minutes before the departure time
- Please note that this is not a private tour and is shared with other guests not belonging to the same party
- The visit could be multilingual
- Meeting point from train station: KFC fast food landing stage, close to the Santa Lucia train station.HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
- ARRIVING ON FOOT: The Pier of KFC fast food is located near Ponte della Costituzione Bridge near the Railway Station. Once by Piazzale Roma, cross the Ponte della Costituzione Bridge, then turn left under the arches to reach the KFC fast food. Facing the entrance of the fast food turn left and you will find the pier in front, the assistant is waiting for you with the signboard LAGOON TOUR.
- Meeting point from St.Mark’s Square: in front of Caserma Cornoldi (5 minutes walking from St.Mark’s Square).HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
- ARRIVING ON FOOT: In front of Caserma Cornoldi, near Piazza San Marco: when in Piazza San Marco, walk on the Grand Canal bank (Riva degli Schiavoni). Caserma Cornoldi is down the fourth bridge. The tour operator’s blue boat will be there every day.
- Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service.
- The tour will not take place in case of exceptionally bad weather (in this case the tour will be postponed to another day or refunded).
- The tour operates regularly in case of rain or snow (boats are completely covered).